Madikeri Mandalpatti Must Visit Place | The Untouched Mountains
Mandalpatti coorg Hills Must Visit Places View Point Situated on an altitude of 4050 feet Mandalpatti to Madikeri famous hilltop. Mandalpatti jeep safari is also adventure you can enjoy.
Located 25-30 km from village of Madikeri, Mandalpatti is a popular tourist destination. A beautiful green space, Mandalpatti has recently gained popularity among tourists. The place is peaceful and away from hustle and bustle. It is a good place for trekking. However, if you wish to travel, you must obtain an entry ticket from foot police in Mandalpatti. Since there is no store, it is advisable to prepare all necessary ingredients before starting the trip. Therefore, you must bring essentials such as water and food. Once you reach top, you will greeted by cool air, slowly with a greenish tint. Mandalpatti jeep safari is also adventure you can enjoy.
Mandalpatti hills is a beautiful and unique place in Coorg, Karnataka overlooking grasslands of Pushpagiri Forest of the Western Ghats. At 1,800 meters above sea level, it is also known as “Margulies” (translated from cloud business in English). This place is famous for its sunrise and sunset. If you are walking towards Coorg, this beautiful cafe is a great addition to your trip! Located at an altitude of 1600m above sea level, Mandalpatti is approximately 18km from Madikeri, Coorg. Slowly evolving into one of Coorg’s favorite destinations, this allure is making its way to Abbey Falls.
Abbi Falls Junction is the best way to see Mandalpatti careful, because the Mandalpatti forest section may stop you from driving the last 3 km. To avoid problems, you can choose to go from the Mandalpatti Jungle Outpost until you reach the highest point. While it’s a bit tiring, it’s definitely an exciting trekking adventure.
When you reach the highest point, there will inevitable greenery around you. The bird scene in Mandalpatti is just amazing. Due to the fact that this region is untouched by commercialization and civilization, this place remains the perfect partner for tourists who are looking for a beautiful environment to relax. Last but not least, don’t forget to experience camping all night here. Getting to the top of Mandalpatti on foot is worth it.
Also Read: Best 8 Visiting Places of Kashmir
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you climb the Mandalpatti Mountains. If you are up for a fun adventure then trekking activities from the foot of Mandalpatti to the highest point are for you. It’s not amazing, but this 200m trekking adventure will always tough. This is because the winds in this area are very strong and you might want to return back from the mid-way. But every effort to reach the top is position is worthy of all your efforts that you invest in.
Location: Mandalpatti located in Mahadevpet district of Madikeri district in Karnataka (571201).
Timing: Mandalpatti hills is easily accessible 24/7. However, it is still recommended to arrive between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. due to the area surrounding the forest.
Admission: A nominal fee of INR 25 per person is required to reach the top of Mandalpatti.
Height: Mandalpatti is perched 1800m above the ground. Duration of the trek: Tourist attraction of Mandalpatti located 25-30 km from the village of Madikeri. Many of these distances can covered by car, but the last 3 km must covered on foot.
Distance from Coorg: Mandalpatti Hill is 20.6 km from Coorg. And it takes approximately 56 minutes to cover the entire route.
Transport: Mandalpatti is located in Madikeri, which is well connected by road and rail. However, you are not allowed to drive in a private car for the last 3 km. You can reach the top by trekking or jeep.
Clinics: There is no clinic at the meeting. You will need to take your essential medications with you. In case of emergency, you can contact the Mandalpatti Forest Service staff.
Network Connections: There is no good network connection at the top of Mandalpatti
Famous destinations: sightseeing, coffee plantations, hill stations, trekking
Best Time To Visit Mandalpatti
The period from November to January is considered the best time to plan your visit to Mandalpatti. This was a time when the whole area was covered in fog. This time Mandalpatti presents a stimulating atmosphere. The views of the surrounding regions are fascinating. Average temperature: Mandalpatti experiences an average temperature range of 20 to 25 degrees for a significant part of the year.
Trekking or climbing trekking during the rainy season. Is best avoided during the rainy season as it can hazardous and dangerous. Summer (March-June) is the best time to let the cool landscape breeze calm down and keep an open mind. If you like cool weather in the mountains. Winter is also the best time to visit the landscaped parking lot due to the cooler temperatures.
Also Read: Best Tourist Places of Rishikesh to Visit
How To Reach Mandalpatti
By Road: Mandalpatti Hill is 211 km from Mangalore. It is 284 km from Bangalore and 351 km from Coimbatore. It takes around 6 hours each to reach Mandalpatti from Mangalore and Bangalore. takes 9 hours by car from Coimbatore.
By Bus: Of all the bus stations, Shivamogga Bus Station is main bus station near Mandalpatti Hills. It has good connections with other cities. To reach actual destination, you need to take local bus which will drop you at Madikeri (Stuart Hill) bus stop.
By Rail: Of the other railway stations, Mangalore Central Railway Station is main station. Subramanian Road Railway Station is the nearest station for local trains.
Places to Eat near Mandalpatti
- Barbecue Bay: Delicious Indian and barbecue food is served at Barbecue Bay. This is a vegetarian-friendly restaurant with a pleasant ambiance and a cordial atmosphere.
- Big Cup Cafe: This cafe offers vegetarian food and varieties of coffee. The atmosphere at Big cup Café is pleasant, and the staff is quite cooperative and hardworking.
- Coffee Blossoms: The vegetarian options are the unique servings of this place. You can enjoy Indian-style breakfast, lunch, and dinner here.
- Beans & Brew Cafe: Here, you can try both Chinese and Indian style cuisine. This is a perfect eatery for your vegetarian breakfast and meal.
Mandalpatti View Point Interesting Facts
- There are no shops in and around Mandalpatti View Point.
- Considered the hidden gem of the Western Ghats.
- Considered an important trekking destination.
- The name Mandalpatti means head in the clouds or head that touches the cloud because of its height.
Tips For Visiting Mandalpatti view point
- If you are hiking, stay in a group or go with another trekking partner.
- On the day you plan to summit Mandalpatti, you should walk less
- We like to dress well for walking.
- According to the Mandalpatti Party Forest Service, private vehicles cannot go up to the top floor.
- The landscape is generally cooler and windier. Therefore, not recommended to bring children. 6. Finally, don’t miss this opportunity to capture some of the relief around the Mandalpatti Party.
- If you are going on a hike, stay close to your friends and fellow hikers.
- If you choose a trek, walk slowly and dress comfortably.
- As the forest service advises, don’t take your car to the top and rent a replacement jeep.
- Recommended to go there with a baby as the peaks are cold and bent.
- If you have a professional camera, sure to bring it with you. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to capture the sunrise or sunset above!
What you need for Mandalpatti coorg Trekking
- Apply and apply sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
- Wear UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Wear a sun hat to protect yourself from sun’s rays.
- Carry as much water as you are thirsty throughout the walk.
- No kiosks on the way, so pack snacks like cookies and energy bars quickly.
- For the trekking adventure, we like to wear closed toe shoes (with rubber boots).
Places to Stay near Mandalpatti
- Coorg Tree House: Coorg Tree House offers a peaceful stay in isolation. Kitchenette, housekeeping, bathroom, Wi-Fi and parking are the essential facilities here.
- Thelma’s Coorg Chalet: This is a non-AC family stay for your entire family. Power backup, washing machine, free parking, housekeeping, bathroom, Wi-Fi. And availability of washing machine are some of the essential amenities here.
- Oyo Hill View Stay: The ambiance of this homestay is friendly. And the place is neat and clean enough to accommodate itself during your stay. Kitchenette, housekeeping, attached bathroom, newspaper, power backup and parking are the essential facilities here.
Mandalpatti jeep safari from base
Mandalpatti jeep safari costs around Rs 1000 per person for 5-6 people. So If you go alone, you can easily get to jeep there. Mandalpatti jeep safari is also adventure you can enjoy.
To reach checkpoint, you have to walk 1 km to top. But do not worry.
Tips For Visiting Mandalpatti
- Stay close to your friends and trek-mates if you are traveling on foot.
- If you are choosing to trek, travel light, and dress comfortably.
- According to the advice of the forest department. So Do not take your vehicle to the hilltop and rent a jeep instead.
- It is advisable not to travel with infants as soon as the hilltop becomes cold and curved.
- If you have a professional camera, be sure to carry it – mandalpatti jeep safari you won’t want to miss the chance. To capture a gorgeous sunrise or sunset from above!
Can we trek to Mandalpatti view point?
Trek Routes to Mandalpatti Hills Coorg
You can reach Mandalpatti by two trekking routes: The intersection of Abbi Falls (20 km) or Makkanduru (35 km). 2. Abbi Falls Junction has a very low elevation. However, it is shortest way to reach Mandalpatti summit.
Can we take kids to Mandalpatti ?
mandalpatti coorg This is one of best experience to have. Because This beauty makes Coorg known as Scotland of India. The roads to reach this place is way risky.
- Location: This Place is located in the Mahadevpet area of Madikeri district (571201) of Karnataka.
- Timings: This place is easily accessible for all 24 hours. However, it is always better to reach there between 06:00 AM to 06:00 PM. As the area is surrounded by forests.
- Entry Fee: You have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 25 per person. To reach the top peak of Mandalpatti.
- Thirdly Altitude: It is situated at an altitude of 1800 meters from ground level.
- Trek Duration: Tourist place is located at a distance of 25 to 30 km from Madikeri town. But Although you can cover a significant part of this distance through driving. The last 3 km has to be covered by trekking.
- Distance from Coorg: mandalpatti view point are located at a distance of 20.6 km from Coorg, and it takes approx. 56 minutes to cover this entire distance.