Summers are well on their way, and soon the heat in most parts of India will be unbearable. Thankfully, there are places where the infamous Indian summers are not as troublesome. Beat the Heat with These Cool Hill Stations Near Delhi. here hills station of india like Manali, Chail, Kasauli, McLeodganj Must Visit
Delhi, the capital of India, is surrounded by places to visit for a weekend. All of these places offer a wide variety of experiences, ranging from adventure sports to heritage walks. Yes, the Taj Mahal at Agra is one of the most famous places to go to near India’s capital city. But for those looking for something extra. hills station we have selected the best hill stations near Delhi.
Thinking where? Well, hill stations, of course. If you have a longish stay at a hotel in Delhi or live in the NCR, then you have an extensive list of hill stations to choose from. hills station Read ahead about the best hill stations near Delhi to cool off. Delhi offers a wide array of hill-stations which are ideal weekend getaways to escape the urban chaos and the blistering heat! Explore scenic views from high altitudes, long strolls amidst lush green forests and picnic feasts. Here is a list of the top ten Hill-stations nearby Delhi.
Burrowed amongst scenic oak and verdant pine forests, Lansdowne is one of the most picturesque hill stations near Delhi. Lansdowne provides the opportunity to indulge in an array of activities; you can bask in the sunshine of the Himalayas, go trekking amongst the lush forests, feast on a picnic lunch or simply gaze at the breath-taking views of the Himalayas. Wildlife enthusiasts must visit the Kalagarh Wildlife Sanctuary to spot tigers!
Located at a height of 1700 mtrs above the sea level, the crowning jewel of Uttaranchal- Lansdowne is amongst the exotic hill stations near Delhi within 300 kms. Pristine environment, salubrious weather, verdant slopes, Lansdowne is idyllic for anyone who yearns solace.
How to get there: The most convenient option would be to travel by road which takes around 6 hours and 15 minutes via NH 34. You can also opt to travel by train however there is no direct train to Lansdowne; the nearest station is Kotdwar which is 40 kilometers from Lansdowne after which you can take a taxi to Lansdowne which will take you nine hours.
Must Read : Shimla- the Queen of Hill Stations!
How can one talk of hill stations near Delhi and not mention their ‘Queen’, Mussoorie?! Its altitude of more than 6500 feet results in an extremely pleasant summer season with cool breeze, clear skies and sunny days. The town was established by a British officer, who had come here to hunt. Soon, its beauty made it famous throughout the colonial regime, and high-ranking people started frequenting it, especially in the summer season.
- Things to Do in Mussoorie: Boating, trekking, admiring natural scenery, frolicking at waterfalls, rock climbing, wildlife viewing
- How to Reach Mussoorie from Delhi: Several trains run from Delhi to Dehradun, from where the hill station of india is merely 1 hour 20 minutes by road.
3. Chail, Himachal Pradesh
Over 7300 feet high, this small hamlet in Himachal Pradesh is home to the highest cricket ground in the world. As it is not too commercialized yet, it is a relatively calmer hilly hamlet than many others in the Himalayas.
Related :Best 8 Places To Visit In Manali
- Popular Places to See in Chail: School Play Ground, Sadhupul Lake, Chail Palace, Kali Ka Tibba, Gurdwara Sahib, Siddh Baba Mandir, Chail Sanctuary
- Things to Do in Chail: Nature viewing, reposing in the jungle, wildlife spotting, temple tour, frolicking in the lake
- How to Reach Chail from Delhi: It is easily reachable by taxis and buses from Chandigarh, which is connected to Delhi by taxis, trains, buses and flights.
Riding the ski lift is a rare experience. It feels like you’re rising up in the mountains on a winged throne, with no end in sight but the summit. It’s not for the faint of heart though. At Auli, you’ll be welcome with snow-capped mountains.
wintry forests and crystal-clear lakes that seem to be picked up straight out of a photographer’s portfolio. In Auli, one of the best hill stations near Delhi, you should visit the artificial lake, which freezes over in winter, making for a perfect spot for skiing and ice-skating. By road, you’ll need to drive through 370 km of picturesque Uttarakhand real-estate, and that alone makes the drive a memorable one.
A prime ski destination, Auli is known for Asia’s longest cable car ride. If you’re up for an adventure, Auli offers a wide array of activities; the Kauri Pass trek is a world-renown trek through the inner regions of the Himalayas side by side magnificent forests with sunrises and sunsets to die for. You can visit the world’s highest artificial lake which is used to feed snow guns stationed along the ski slopes and enjoy a slow paced romantic stroll along the lake Another must visit for those with a spiritual bent of mind is the Joshimath Temple dedicated to the Deity of Lord Badri Visha.
Popular Places to See in Auli: Artificial lake
- Things to Do in Auli: Reposing on grasslands, trekking, nature exploration, gondola ride, seeing snow-covered mountains
- How to Reach Auli from Delhi: Trains and buses are available from Delhi to Haridwar, from where you cover the rest of the distance by road. You can take a bus or cab all the way till Auli or just till the town of Joshimath, from where a cable car connects you to your final destination.
4. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Cool weather, lush deodars and colonial grandeur greet you as you arrive in Shimla. The capital of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla boasts an elevation of over 7000 feet above sea level, resulting in a pleasant weather pattern in summers.
The former summer capital of the British, Shimla lies along the foothills of the Himalayas amidst pine forests which offer breath-taking views. Mall Road is the biggest landmark in Shimla which highlights the town and a stroll along Mall road with the breeze blowing has its own charm. hills station near delhi Traffic is banned from the central part of the town so walking is a pleasant experience and helps get your mind off the urban chaos. Don’t forget to try ice-skating, Shimla has one of the oldest rinks in the whole of Asia and the only open-air rink in Asia.
- Popular Places to See in Shimla: Christ Church, Jakhu Hill, Jakhu Temple, Rashtrapati Niwas, Kali Bari Temple, Mall Road, The Ridge, Town Hall, Gaiety Theatre, Bantony Castle, The Glen, Gorton Castle, Annadale, Army Heritage Museum, Johnnie’s Wax Museum, Shimla Heritage Museum, Himachal State Museum, Summer Hill
- Things to Do in Shimla: Admiring mountain views from The Ridge, shopping at Mall Road, enjoying ice skating, riding Kalka-Shimla toy train, light hiking
- How to Reach Shimla from Delhi: You can first take a train to Chandigarh. From where buses and taxis are readily available to reach the hill station of india . You can also reach Kalka by broad gauge train, and then cover the rest of the journey by narrow gauge railway. Alternatively, you can also reach this hill station of india near Delhi by car as a drive to here is extremely rewarding in terms of the views along the way. Read also – Shimla Toy Train
5. Kufri, Shimla
A ski resort in winters, Kufri is a carpet of lush grass in summers. Make it a point to go there whenever you visit. Shimla as Kufri is merely 17 km from the hill city. It is more than 8600 feet above the sea level, meaning that the temperature here remains on the lower side even in the height of summers.
- Popular Places to Visit in Kufri: Indira Bungalow, Mahasu Peak, Himalayan Nature Park, Fun World
- Things to Do in Kufri: Trekking, clicking photos, relaxing under conifers, horse riding, joy rides, go-karting, valley crossing, commando net, Burma bridge
- How to Reach Kufri from Delhi: As it is an extremely popular destination among globetrotters from around India, taxis and buses are available easily to reach it from nearby places like Shimla.
6. Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
Nowadays, almost everyone in the 18-30 age group is heading to Kasol. Set at a height of roughly 5180 feet above sea level. It is a favourite of solo travelers, college students and youth in general.
- Popular Places to See in Kasol: Coniferous forest, Parvati River, Parvati Valley, Malana, Tosh, Kheerganga, Manikaran
- Things to Do in Kasol: Relaxing in the forest, hills station admiring scenery, bathing in natural hot sulphur springs, trekking, angling
- How to Reach Kasol from Delhi: After reaching Chandigarh by road. Rail or air from Delhi, you can take a bus or taxi directly, if possible. Else, travel by road first to Kullu town, and then change buses or taxis.
Surrounded by verdant peaks amongst the green Valley of the Beas River, Manali is a must visit. Manali is the ideal destination for and for adventure enthusiasts who can trek through rugged terrains. Enjoy scenic views while mountain biking and raft through the white water rapids. hills station near delhi Manali is the perfect place to curl up in a good book around. The bonfire during winters and escape the urban chaos. This is also rated among the best place for a romantic getaway from Delhi.
More than 6500 feet above sea level, Manali is one of the quintessential summer getaways from Delhi NCR. The Beas River flowing through the middle and the mountains all around give it a picturesque setting. Families, group of friends, solo travelers and honeymooners throng this town from all parts of India in summers.
- Popular Places to See in Manali: Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Vashisht hot springs. Tibetan Monastery, Pandoh Dam, Manali Club House, Old Manali, Van Vihar National Park, Rohtang Pass
- Things to Do in Manali: Shopping, relaxing, admiring mountain scenery, rafting. Bathing in natural sulphur spring, taking a trip to Jagatsukh Village, exploring Naggar Castle, fishing
8. Mukteshwar, Nainital
Mukteshwar is another name which features on the list of the coldest hill stations near Delhi during the summer season. Absolutely green everywhere with the sky-high Himalayan mountains in the distance, it is simply heaven. Plus, it also has a religious significance. Hills station As well as the name of the town is a reference to Lord Shiva. Who is considered to be its guardian deity.
- Popular Places to See in Mukteshwar: Mukteshwar Temple, Chauthi Jaali, Mukteshwar Inspection Bungalow,
- Things to Do in Mukteshwar: Reposing, nature viewing, photography, snow games in winters, hiking
- How to Reach Mukteshwar from Delhi: Several trains run from Delhi to Kathgodam. From where you can either take a bus or taxi directly. Till Mukteshwar or reach Bhatelia and then change over there.
9. McLeodganj, Himachal Pradesh
If you are heading to Dharamshala, then it only makes sense to cover McLeodganj as well. It is often known as Little Lhasa as the major chunk of the local. Population is made up of Tibetan refugees. Hill station near me These people left their homeland in 1959, along with the 14th Dalai Lama. The head of the Gelug sect of Himalayan Vajrayana Buddhism.
McLeodganj is a beautiful town that attracts quite a lot of visitors. Hill station of india near me It is a perfect weekend getaway. And one of the best hill stations around Delhi. The town isn’t too huge and can be easily covered on wood. The quaint cafes here are the best places to enjoy. Hills station A morning coffee and catching the views of the snow clad mountains.
- Popular Places to See in McLeodganj: Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts, Bhagsunag Falls. Bhagsunag Temple, Triund peak, Namgyal Monastery. Church of St John in the Wilderness, Dal Lake, Lahesh Cave
- Things to Do in McLeodganj: hills station near delhi Boating, shopping for Tibetan handicrafts, tasting momos and Thukpa. Exploring Dalai Lama Temple, light to medium trekking, cave camping
10. Kasauli (287 km From Delhi)
A little hill station on india in Himachal Pradesh, which also serves as a cantonment area. Kasauli offers mesmerizing views of snow-clad mountain peaks. Soothing climate throughout the year, hills station and thick forests. Hill station near me This little place has some brilliant. Examples of Gothic style of architecture, including Christ Church and Baptist Church.
Kasauli is also know for Kasauli Brewery which is believe. Hills station The oldest functioning distillery for scotch whisky in the entire Asia region. This is one of the best hill stations near Delhi within 300 km. Where you can enjoy an amazing camping experience in Kasauli. hill station of india near me
Places To Visit: Gilbert Trail – hills station near delhi For Nature Lovers, Gurkha Fort, Kasauli Brewery, Timber Trail Resort
Ideal Duration: 1 Night/2 Days
How to reach:
Nearest Railway Station: Kalka Railway Station at a distance of 40 km
Nearest Airport: Chandigarh International Airport at a distance of 70 km
By Road: 5.5 hours from Delhi (317 km)